Inspiration: yogurt marinated chicken by Sam the Cooking Guy
Makes 4 servings
Time from start to finish: 30 minutes cooking (marinated 3 hours)
- 8 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (about 1 pound) skinless-boneless chicken thighs
Mix everything together except the chicken in a large bowl or zip-lock bag.
Set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade, stir the chicken into the marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
When you’re ready to cook, remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and go light the grill.
Cook chicken on the grill – about 5 minutes per side – until done (internal temperature 165° F or 75° C).
That’s it! You’ll want to spoon the reserved marinade over the chicken before serving.
At this point you could cube the chicken, and serve it with rice or quinoa or couscous. Don’t forget the (grilled) veggies – asparagus or squash or corn.