Makes 8 servings
- 16 oz linguine pasta
- 1/4 lbs (3-4 slices) regular-cut bacon (crisped & diced)
- 1/2 lbs asparagus (chopped)
- 1 lbs mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 2 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbs olive oil (as needed)
- 4 cups baby spinach (small leaves)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) white wine
Boil large pot of water for linguine. Cook linguine until soft.
While linguine is boiling, in a large sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon and set aside; crumble/chop it when it’s cool.
Add garlic, asparagus, mushrooms and onion to the pan with bacon drippings.
Sauté until asparagus is softened. Add a dash of white wine to deglaze and/or a small amount of water to keep moist.
Add cream cheese and milk, stir and cook until cream cheese melts and everything is well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add spinach and cook and stir until it wilts.
Add crumbled bacon on top.
Drain linguine and serve cream sauce on top.